Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking
MODERN SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
This statement sets out the steps that C. Carnevale Ltd has taken and is continuing to take to preventing slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking in its own operations, its supply chain and its products.
This is in accordance with the principles of the Modem Slavery Act 2015.
ORGANISATION AND SUPPLY CHAIN STRUCTURE
C. Carnevale is an Italian family-run, manufacturer, importer and national distributor of the complete range of ambient, fresh and frozen, high-quality, innovative food and drink products, that cover the total food service requirements of any business.
Carnevale's extensive range of premium foods, provisions and beverages are distributed all over the UK by its own fleet of multi-temp vehicles that set off daily from one of six depots.
Our supply chains are limited and we procure goods and services from a restricted range of overseas and UK suppliers.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical arid transparent manner:
These policies are made available to all employees through the Employee Handbook:
• Code of conduct.
• Modem Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement and Policy.
• Equal Opportunities Policy.
• Bullying and Harassment Policy.
• Whistleblowing Policy.
• Immigration Laws.
• As part of our recruitment process for employees and partners, we carry out checks prior to any person joining the Company
• As part of our procurement processes, we require all of our suppliers to comply with the requirements of the Modem Slavery Act 2015
• We do not enter into business with any organisation in the UK or abroad, which knowingly supports, or is found to be involved in slavery, servitude or forced or compulsory labour
• Staff briefing to ensure that all employees are aware of modem slavery and embed as part of induction process
ACTIONS TAKEN TO PREVENT SLAVERY
• Our recruitment processes are designed to ensure that all prospective employees are legally entitled to work in the UK.
• We are committed to ensuring that all of our people are paid fairly, and ensure that all of our employees are paid at least the real Living Wage.
All employees are briefed against our policies and procedures upon induction. The employee's handbook, containing those policies, is available to all staff.
Briefings on whistleblowing have been conducted to all employees of the Company.
The statement was approved by the Director.